Overuse of broad spectrum antibiotics
Empiric therapy for pneumonia rules the day, because physicians do not have timely information, patients are prescribed broad-spectrum antibiotics in a “one-size-fits all”.
This promotes antibiotic resistance, unnecessary hospitalization resulting in secondary bacterial infections and high cost to the heathcare system.
The world's first breath test to detect & monitor pulmonary infections.
The only test that can differentiate a virulent bacterial infection from strep pneumonia and viral lung infection.
Value-Based, Cost Advantaged Product is a Win for Patient, Doctor, Hospital and Payer
The Avisa BreathTestTM is well-differentiated and a paradigm shift over sputum culture
|Turnaround Time < 10 minutes|
|Non-Sputum Producing Patients|
Calculated total addressable market (TAM)
Disease prevalence estimates obtained from literature
223 Million Total Estimated Tests Worldwide
Including US, Europe, Japan, China
Indications for use tested in interviews with physicians, respiratory therapists, insurance plan chief medical officers and Avisa medical advisory board.
Value Based Economics of The Avisa BreathTestTM
Large U.S. hospital that admits 1,000 pneumonia patients/year in the emergency department could
save up to $4.8 million/year in
unnecessary hospital admissions.
President & CEO, Co-Founder
- 40+ yrs of experience commercializing medical devices and pharmaceuticals
- Co-founder of four life science companies with successful exits (IPO,M&A)
- Multiple past and present board positions
Elizabeth Perkett, MD
Consulting Chief Medical Officer
- Professor of Pediatrics specializing in pulmonary medicine, Vanderbilt University
- Over 50 recent scientific and clinical publications
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation committee member
SVP, Technology Development
- 20+ yrs of experience in medical device design
- Founded IDEO Healthcare practice, developed numerous medical products
- Successful serial entrepreneur (Avisa is 6th start-up company)
SVP, Product Management and Engineering
- 20+ yrs experience developing medical devices based on spectroscoy
- VP of Product Development, Engineering at VeraLight and InLight Solutions
- 19 US patents and over 20 scientific publications
- 10+ yrs investment and financial management experience
- VP of Finance & Operations (and acting CFO) at xF Technologies
- Venture Capital and Investment Banking experience
Graham Timmins, PhD
Co-founder of the Company
- Associate Professor of Medicinal Chemistry at the University of New Mexico
- Co-inventor of the Company’s patents portfolio
- Author/co-author of over 50 publications and recipient of several federal grants